What WYSIWYG Editor for Mac?

fourm member 19:35 01 Apr 14

I've been using Expression web on a PC but I'm now migrating to a Mac. What editor will take my Expression Web built sites and not mess them up?

Forum Editor 00:01 04 Apr 14

My money would be on Dreamweaver CC

You can get a 30 free trial, which should allow you to allay any compatibility fears.

fourm member 09:36 16 Apr 14

I looked at the Dreamweaver trial. It wasn't clear how to import a site. I know everyone says Dreamweaver has a steep learning curve but I'd have thought there would be an easy explanation for how to move away from Expression web.

Then I looked at the costs. You have to hire dreamweaver via Creative Cloud at about £20 a month. I've decided to keep my windows PC for website work. Hopefully, reducing its use for other things will keep it healthy longer.

TV-Repairman 10:17 23 May 14

Unfortunately, there's a very small number of WYSIWYG web editors for MacOSX and fewer still that can import an existing site for editing.

However, try SeaMonkey. It contains "Composer" that is able to open existing page files and lets you edit them. install it, launch it and click on "Window". Select "Composer" and a new window will open.

Click on "Open" and navigate to an existing html file that you want to edit.

It's nowhere near as comprehensive as Dreamweaver but it might just do the job!

Install

TV-Repairman 10:19 23 May 14

I don't know what happened there. It should say "Install it", "launch it"...

Forum Editor 17:51 26 May 14

TV-Repairman

It does now. I edited your post to correct the link.

RTrower 01:26 27 May 14

Is Bootcamp on your new Mac completely out of the question? This is probably a stupid suggestion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced