Virtual Machine Software

Rossi#1 22:17 01 Sep 06

Im currently self-studying for my A+ and as well as my usual XP PC Ive obtained a dinosaur with Windows 98 but I still need something with 2000.I have been pointed towards Microsofts Virtual Machine but the specs desire XP Pro which I dont have.
Is there another utility for free?
And where could I obtain 2000 ideally for free though Im sure you cant buy it now anyway?

STREETWORK 10:39 02 Sep 06

Try this site:

click here

Rossi#1 11:17 02 Sep 06

I think its all a bit confusing for me.I should research it a bit more before I do anything.I thought a VM was simply a piece of software you installed to let your PC think it was attached to a little network and could install another OS.

terryf 11:45 02 Sep 06

Can you explain why you need 2k, it may be that your explanation will enable the forum to give better help

ashdav 12:08 02 Sep 06

Virtual machines usually run on servers so you will need a server OS.
Best bet (ie free) is to use a Linux server and install any virtual machine on that.
You can then install as many other operating systems as you like.
You can download a free trial VM to suit any base server from VMWare click here
You have to register but use your imagination when filling it in.

Rossi#1 12:16 02 Sep 06

I think someone has given me the wrong advice on another forum.
Terry,Im studying for my A+ Core and Operating Systems exams so I need to get practice with these three OS's.
I think all I really need to do is get hold of 2000 and have a dual-boot system or something to save hunting down another PC,is that right?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…