Virtual Java Machine where?

Legolas 17:39 11 Feb 03

When I visit some sites I am asked to download the Virtual Java Machine when I try to do this I am redirected to the Microsoft site and told to download the file I need from the update site at Microsoft when I go there and view the updates there are no updates for the Virtual Java Machine does anyone know where I can get this file from

jazzypop 17:49 11 Feb 03
  alB 18:09 11 Feb 03

Try this link for the Microsoft java VM I used it myself a couple of months ago and it worked a treat...alB click here

Legolas 23:34 11 Feb 03

Thanks for the links will download tomorrow

Morphy 15:51 08 Mar 03

I tried the link provided by alB, great, thanks, but when I tried installing it, I got the message "The Microsoft VM is missing or is the wrong version. Please install the correct build of the VM before installing this product."

Any ideas what I need and where I can download it from?

Cheers

VoG™ 16:08 08 Mar 03
  tenor 16:20 08 Mar 03

Just type java into google.

Zak 16:58 08 Mar 03

I suggest you visit this site and get the latest available fixed JVM version - Build 3809 at:

click here

Below is extracted from above site:

Description
This download fixes known security issues with Microsoft Java Virtual Machine (JVM) and can be applied to Windows 95, 98, Me, NT or XP (but not Windows 2000). Please note that even though JVM was not included with the original release of XP, it is now part of Windows XP SP1. However, the XP SP1 version (3805) has since been found to have many security flaws. Likewise, the earlier versions of the JVM that were included with Internet Explorer 4.0 and 5.0 also contain many security holes (Internet Explorer 6 did not have the JVM included in the setup, but it is still needed by the browser in some circumstances).

Depending on your current version of Microsoft Virtual Machine, there will be many other important fixes. This latest release will fix a security vulnerability that allows a malicious Web site operator access to files on a user's computer and intranet content. It also fixes a hole that may allow script code in a Web page or HTML-based e-mail message access to ActiveX controls that should not be available in those contexts; and another one that could enable a malicious user to use an unsigned applet to read Web content behind a firewall.

Note also that Microsoft has changed the name of Java Virtual Machine to Microsoft Virtual Machine or Microsoft VM. However, most people (and Windows) still refer to it as Java Virtual Machine or JVM for short. Microsoft advise that all users download this latest version to improve system security (plus it is needed to run Java applications and access certain Web sites).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…