VGA Graphics update for EI-Machine Sorrento

night 18:06 01 Nov 10

Can anyone advise on update for VGA Graphics for EI-Machine Sorrento,(NOTE Windows 7 Update downloads the wrong update for driver,) have searched for an update 21/06/2006 version 6.1.7600.1635, requires and update in order to give hardware acceleration. It seems no update available unless someone knows different.and if they can advise please.

night 09:47 02 Nov 10

Well 124 thanks for your response, I must say I hve searched very hard but it seems not hard enough,I have visited PC World and they could not offer any advice at all as they sell the EI-Machines so very strange, but I will follow up your advice and will come back if it solves the update, thanks again.

night 12:45 05 Nov 10

I have tried to get in contact with SIS but so far no joy surely driver updates should be free but each time one goes to find your confronted with Driver Detective at a cost of £29.00 which to me is out of court,your comments please.

night 12:04 07 Nov 10

Thanks to 124, who came up with suggestion to try SIS updates, one can update the graphics by going to their Web Page, but ensure which grahics you wish to update, and on no account download Microsoft driver upgrade as it will close your screen down and one has to go to safe mode and roll back to installed driver which leaves you with no acceleration,hence as 124 suggests.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…