Vaio randomly reboots when Mac is on

superspark 18:55 13 Oct 10

Can someone please offer me any advice?
I have a Sony Vaio laptop connected through a Belkin router.
It has Windows 7 64 bit and has worked perfectly for several months.
My son has bought an Apple Mac laptop 2 weeks ago which is also connected via the wireless router.Ever since the first day,my Vaio will randomly reboot and go directly to the screen which asks if I want to restart Windows normally or Safe mode.
i have found that if I block him from the internet using mac address filtering, then I do not get the problem.
Last night my other son who also has a Vaio laptop called and connected to my network as usual and the same problem happened to him.
Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Thanks very much...
Tony Heath

mgmcc 08:36 14 Oct 10

Assuming you're not using a "Homegroup" with Windows 7 (which uses TCP/IPv6), try disabling TCP/IPv6 in both the Windows and Mac Laptops in case that's causing the Windows Laptops to crash.

In Windows, open the Network Connections folder ("Start > Run", type NCPA.CPL and click OK), right click the Wireless Network Connection and select Properties. Untick the box for Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)" and click OK.

In the Mac, go to "System Preferences > Network", select the wireless adapter and click the "Configure" button. In the TCP/IP section of the next box, click the "Configure IPv6" button at the bottom and set it to "Off". [I only have Mac OSX 10.4 so later versions may differ slightly.]

superspark 09:43 16 Oct 10

Thanks very much for your replies...
I have tried these suggestions but the problem remains!
Any other ideas please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…