USA/APPLE RIP OFF UK

STREETWORK 22:18 07 May 10

Once again we see price hikes to sell products in the EU.

The new IPAD will launch in the UK for a base model price of £429 while our Amercian cousins can pick the same item up for only £337.

Surely it does not cost £100 to ship and sell in this country, they sold over 1million in the USA on the first day so must have made suffieicent profit to offer the same deal in the UK...

Maybe the new elected goverment can sort out this disparity, or thinking about it maybe not...

Forum Editor 23:53 07 May 10

from Speakers Corner.

wiz-king 07:54 08 May 10

I thought I read somewhere that they are not the same, the wireless capability I think differs.
but, as I dont want one I haven't delved into the specs.

Kevscar1 08:04 08 May 10

£59 is VAT that must be paid on sales in this country. £35 probably shipping and import duty.

jack 09:09 08 May 10

Has price differential in different parts of the world.
Kevscar has highlighted some.
A different build specification to suit local conditions is another
For example- there was a Hoo-Ha years ago about the price of a motor vehicle with LHD drive spec compared to a RHD[UK] spec - Very few observers took on board that many components were different between the two types and the assembly routines had be changed for a lower volume of units = Higher cost of manufacture.
No Rip off -
And the buyer has the remedy in their wallet
If they don't like the price - don't buy it

ronalddonald 09:51 08 May 10

if you not happy with the price then dont buy one. the manufacturers will always argue about t going concerns over their businesses, yet they will spend a lot on business meetings with tea and cakes and booze and meetings in lurid places like strip joints etc.

m sure the price will go down in time for a newer version or competitors version.

Forum Editor 09:54 08 May 10

You certainly have a vivid imagination. I've been to hundreds of business meetings with people from all kinds of companies, but never, ever was one held in a lurid strip joint.

Colin 11:08 08 May 10

"If they don't like the price - don't buy it."

"if you not happy with the price then dont buy one."

Two common sense posts. Why is it a rip off? It's not as if Apple are selling a product essential to life. If you want to be an early adopter/show off then you have to pay the price.

Colin 11:12 08 May 10

"I've been to hundreds of business meetings with people from all kinds of companies, but never, ever was one held in a lurid strip joint."

Where they held in a respectable strip joint?

LOL

wee eddie 12:15 08 May 10

Are Strip Joints a Rip Off?

jack 12:32 08 May 10

They are if the Dont ;-}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced