Upgrading my machine

herc182 15:18 27 Jan 03

Old system:
Gateway P200MMX, with 64mb RAM(HAHAHA).

Want to spend a maximum of £300-350 to get a new mobo, 256mb RAM (maybe 512mb), athlon chip (with heatsink), and big HDD (say about 40gb).

Is there anyone out there who can recommend the above and the relevant websites?? I know this is a tall order but it would be greatly appreciated. I also have win 98 on it but suspect that for large amount of RAM i will have to upgrade to another version of windows?
If anyone knows of a good (basic) website to help me put it all in (upgrading for dummies!) then that too would be welcome.

Thanks for your help as always!

Diemmess 15:25 27 Jan 03

Too much to alter ---- you will probably need new case as well.

Think about replacement of the entire box.

Novatech offer a range of boxes only, or their Blueprint service where you choose the components online and modify or scrap your design as you please. Clever interaction takes care of incompatibility and updates the cost as you go.

I mention Novatech because I have used them but there are others, and it is no cheaper if you build or rebuild yourself.

alilee2002 15:26 27 Jan 03

If u wanna buy great pc's at a cheap price go to click here.

If u wanna upgrade an existing pc with components then you can buy the hardware (or software) from click here.

or

click here to find the cheapest stuff.

Ali

alilee2002 15:31 27 Jan 03

Oh also you should buy Asus motherboards..they are the leading brand and offer cheap motherboards. As for the ram make sure its version 2700 ddr ram or myabe 2100 (isnt as fast).
The hardrive could be any make really, as long as its 7200rpm youll be fine.

Ali

PSF 15:35 27 Jan 03

Have a look at Scan click here they have different offers everyday.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…