Tomb Raider Help please Windows XP Machine

Demonikol 12:09 02 May 03

my dad currently bought the original tomb raider game for pc and it wont run on his machine no matter what we try weve tried compatibility mode etc

so i was wondering if theres a patch that is needed to play the game under winXP

his machine is pentium 3 733mhz 512mb pc133 sdram
40gb 7200rpm hdd geforce 4 mx 440 graphics and hercules dvd surround card (ithink its a cmedia chipcmi97388 or summat)

oh yeah hes running it with service pack 1 on

any help would be appreciated

Pilch.... 12:33 02 May 03

Being the age of the game, i wouldnt think that it works on XP

but......

Try this
click here

Paranoid Android 12:53 02 May 03

You need to get hold of a copy of Glidos click here and run the Voodoo version of the game (included on the game CD), this allows up to 1024X768 resolution and it looks FANTASTIC.

You also need VDM Sound click here to enable 16bit sound support.

These programs are designed to enable Tomb Raider support under Windows XP, but setup can be a bit fiddly. I got Tomb running smooth as silk at 1024 X 768 under Glidos but I couldn't get sound working at all, but apparently this fault is very unusual.

Visit the Vogons click here for more info, more download links and expert advice.

PS Also worth downloading Joy2Key keyboard emulator for your joystick, if you have one. Some of the links don't work so e-mail me if you want a copy.

Marvin

Demonikol 20:56 12 May 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…