Swapping my MacBook Pro for a desktop PC. NEED ADVICE!!

MichaelBamford 21:13 PM 20 Jun 13

Hi guys,

So like the title says, I'm looking to swap my 13' MacBook Pro for a desktop PC.

My MacBook Pro:

4GB RAM 320GB HDD 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

I listed my Mac on Gumtree last night and got a email through straight away, so here's the email.

Bought 15/3/13.

Still under warranty

AMD Bulldozer 6 core Black edition. Radeon HD7770 1gb video Hitachi 1 tb hdd sata Samsung 24x dvdrw - dual layer asus m5a78l-m m/board mushkin 8gb 1600 ddr 3 hi performance powercool psu -550w single rail fan

Illuminated Galaxy Gaming case These are all retail parts. Logitech 3d extreme PRO flightstick

LG 19" monitor(a couple of years old)

You can also have a copy of Xplane 10 - retails at about £50

Would you recommend me swap?

Chronos the 2nd 09:35 AM 21 Jun 13

The Mac book will even second hand command a decent resale price. But I know nothing of Mac except that I suspect they are overpriced along with everything by Apple.

Whether the PC on offer is a decent swap, tricky one. Depends on what you want the PC for?

I personally do not think this is a good deal as it has a basic graphics card,poor PSU, small monitor.

But I would like to see the make/model of all parts before I could work out the second hand value.

But as I said it depends on what you want the PC main use will be.

lotvic 11:14 AM 21 Jun 13

I would take note of the comments on your thread on http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30227 consensus is Not a good swap.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Lumia 950 vs Lumia 950 XL: What's the difference between Lumia 950 & 950 XL?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Medium's new logo was designed

iPad Pro vs iPad Air 2 comparison: Which of Apple's flagship iPads is best for you?