Some clarification on Macbooks

Steve A 18:11 29 Aug 07

Hi,
After much searching around all of the options I have decided that would like to get a Mac book in the near future. I've only had limited experience of macs in the past but have wanted to try one for some time. Now that my circumstances have changed (leaving home so no one else needs to learn the mac ways) I've decided I would be interested in making the change from pc.

A couple of queries come up though.
1. When exactly does Leopard come out, I've seen in loads of places that it is expected in October, but don't know when and can't find a statement from Apple confirming this, just what others on forums etc say. (Not that I'm doubting you). Also, would you expect a new mac to be much more expensive than one with tiger on.

2. I've seen in the mag about boot camp which I think would be useful to have for occasional windows requirements etc, but again can't see whether this is a standard part of the Mac OS or whether it is something you have to purchase as an aditional package? I've searched apples site and couldn't find the answer.

I know that this posts says very little for my searching skills, but I've been looking for ages with no success so thought I'd come here where I have confidence in the answers that I will receive. Any advice on this would be really helpful.

Thanks
Steve

iambeavis 19:13 29 Aug 07

"Boot Camp" will be a part of "Leopard". I believe that it's "slated" for an Autumn release.

iambeavis 19:14 29 Aug 07

Clicked "Post Response" too soon - click here

Steve A 19:49 29 Aug 07

Thanks iambeavis. Looks like i should have paid more attention to the American site rather than trying to find out on Apple UK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…