Setting up Apple MB/950 on Internet

brambles 17:52 25 Sep 10

My daughter has purchased a new Apple Desktop computer MB/950 and has signed up for BT Total Broadband & have received the BT Hub. Can someone kindly give me the connection procedure as I seem to get so much conflicting information dependent on who I ask.

I have now been told there is no Ethernet port on an Apple desktop. Do I set the hub up independently through the phone line + power point when presumably the 4 blue lights will have appeared. The computer can then be linked and I know where to click on the computer to show me the available wi-fi connections.

Thanks
Brambles

bremner 18:05 25 Sep 10

I have not seen a Mac that does not have an ethernet port.

Which Mac does she have? MB/950 doesn't mean anything. Is it an iMac or a Mac Pro.

In any event if connects the ethernet cable and then opens a Safari browser window type in the web address click here she can then set up the hub.

bremner 18:07 25 Sep 10

the address is bthomehub.home

Woolwell 18:56 25 Sep 10

If it is one of these then it has an ethernet port click here

brambles 11:34 27 Sep 10

Bremner & Woolwell - thank you both for your prompt response to my query it was very kind of you. My daughter has an iMac 950B/A and I can see clearly from the link from Woolwell exactly the position of the Ethernet.

On Saturday I went into one of the largest Currys stores in the Country - pointed to the expert the computer we have and because the machine was tethered it was impoossible to reach the back to check myself - so I asked 'where is the ethernet connection'? There isn't one on this model it's wireless!
I'm 80 years old - shouldn't be messing about with computers - I do get frustrated when I receive conflicting information and I thank you both for your clarification.

Brambles

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac