Sell Imac for a PC?

TheMr557 02:31 24 Aug 14

Hey everyone,

I currently have a Apple Imac 2012 27". Yes haha a mac. I've actully been using windows on it for most of it's life ;)

Anyway

I've been thinking about selling it for a desktop pc, mainly cause I can open it up unlike this thing.

I want to use the money that I make from this from getting a new pc. I found that CEX would give me £678 - £707. I know it's not much at all and that it's probably a rip off. I don't want to send it through the post to anyone, I would just rather take it into a store and get cash in hand.

I've found this computer on Ebay for a great price. click here just would like peoples thoughts. If they were me would they do the same? Is this pc worth the money and do you think it'll play GTA V? wink wink

Thanks everyone,

Dave

I

Pine Man 09:41 24 Aug 14

Why on earth would you buy an iMac and run Windows on it?

TheMr557 14:13 24 Aug 14

I was given the mac as a gift. I dislike them but had no other alternative at the time, hence the windows.

I can't really get used to the os x software.

Pine Man 14:43 24 Aug 14

Ahh I see.

I have just given up Windows after about 25 years and moved to an iMac and there is not even the slightest whiff of Windows on it. Every program is made for Mac.

Yimbo 14:57 24 Aug 14

"Every program is made for Mac" I'd gladly ditch my Windows 8.1 computer for a Mac - except that a program I use very often, ProShow Producer, which is superb for making slideshows etc, is sadly not available in a version for Mac

Pine Man 15:01 24 Aug 14

Microsoft Powerpoint is available for Macs and Mac has it's own version called Keynote, which is free on an iMac.

rdave13 15:41 24 Aug 14

Microsoft PC desktop, upgrade any parts and fiddle about. Cheaper.

iMac, expensive but excellent, not as upgradeable as a PC. Stuck with what you've got.

Pine Man 16:05 24 Aug 14

Maybe it's to do with age.

When I was a lot younger I used to spend weekends under a beaten up old car hoping to get it running for work the next week

Now I buy a new car every two years and if somethings wrong a nice man gives me a car while he mends it.

PC works most of the time but can be a bitch.

Mac (in my case) just works all the time:-)

HondaMan 10:15 25 Aug 14

details about the iMac, processor, memory etc?

Pine Man 11:14 25 Aug 14

iMac 21.5"

3.1GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2X8GB 1TB Fusion Drive NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1GB GDDR5 Apple USB SuperDrive Apple Magic Mouse Apple Wireless Keyboard
Accessory Kit

Pine Man 11:16 25 Aug 14

Sorry that should be easier to read.

3.1GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz

16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2X8GB

1TB Fusion Drive

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1GB GDDR5

Apple USB SuperDrive

Apple Magic Mouse

Apple Wireless Keyboard (British) & User's Guide (English)

Accessory Kit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5