ProWritingAid for Mac - ongoing issues

jimithyh 16:24 20 Feb 17

I am editing large documents (manuscripts of upto 70,000 words a-piece) using the desktop version of ProWritingAid pro on a MacBook Pro, with Sierra operating system. The documents are in docx format from Office 365 (purchased Nov. 2016)

I am experiencing massive problems with this piece of software, including slow-down, data errors, and poor functionality.

Having contacted ProWritingAid support, they request a sample file for investigative purposes. I am reluctant to do this, for obvious concerns over intellectual property. PWA state they have not received any other complaints about their software.

Is it possible the documents have become infected? Is there a way of checking them?

Any help with this perplexing issue would be greatly appreciated.

mgmcc 17:24 20 Feb 17

If the documents have been provided to you from different sources, it is most unlikely that they have been "infected". Do they open normally without any adverse behaviour when opened only in Microsoft Word?

If you suspect the MacBook may have been infected by malware, download and run MalwareBytes

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

What’s happening in VR right now: From psychedelic art to combat therapy

Siri not working? Try these troubleshooting fixes