problems with old XP machine

Pererin 12:55 01 Jan 09

Hi guys, starting using my old computer, it runs xp home, says it is a 2002 edition. After leaving for a time on return I get the classic log-on screen asking to unlock the computer, is there any way of stopping this and just having everything resuming as normal, I was hoping there was a way to bypass this and if anyone would know it would be you guys. Grateful for any help you can give. Thanks once again in advance and I wish you all a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR FOR 2009

ambra4 13:04 01 Jan 09

Start – Control panel – User Accounts – Click Change the way users log on and off

Tick “Use the welcome screen” and “Use fast user switch”

Apply Options

Pererin 13:23 01 Jan 09

Thanks ambra4, I'll give that a try and let you know how I get on.

Pererin 14:46 01 Jan 09

OK ambra4, I went in to User Accounts and “Use the welcome screen” and “Use fast user switch” are already selected. Is there anything else I should check.

birdface 14:49 01 Jan 09

You might find something in this thread to help. click here

Sea Urchin 14:50 01 Jan 09

I think this might be what you're looking for - scroll down page for XP

click here

I am Spartacus 15:17 01 Jan 09

A couple of things to do. Right click on the desktop and choose Properties, Screensaver tab. Turn off the screensaver if you wish. Otherwise from that tab choose Power, Advanced tab and remove tick from Prompt for password when computer resumes from standby.

Pererin 15:26 01 Jan 09

Right Gang, I,ll give these ideas a try and let you know what happens, thanks.

Sea Urchin 16:36 01 Jan 09

I am Spartacus agrees with my earlier link, so hopefully that will be your answer

Pererin 15:05 02 Jan 09

Still going through all your suggestions, will let you know as soon as. Thanks gang.

Pererin 20:14 02 Jan 09

Think I, well you helpful lot really, have sorted it. I used a combination of Sea Urchin and I am Spartacus' suggestions, and it is working fine. Thanks once again for all your help Gang.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…