Problems networking Vista pc to XP machine

Joe R 16:19 03 Jul 07

Hi all.

For the last couple of years I have run a network between my own P.C. and my daughters through a cat crossover cable, with both running XP, to share my internet connection. (cable modem)

Today I have just installed a fresh copy of Vista home premium on my main P.C. and have struggled to set up the same network.

All settings are basically the same as they were before, and I have Zone alarm firewall and Avg anti-virus, installed on both machines.

Can anyone who has set up a similar type of network, give any hints or workarounds.?

anskyber 16:27 03 Jul 07

My network was OK from the day I upgraded to Vista which is no great help to you(!) This MS site (select Networking from the tabs on the left) is useful and may help. click here

Joe R 17:50 03 Jul 07

anskyber,

Thanks for the reply, I have just this minute got it up and running, through trial and error.

I had already been on the msoft site and printed out all I thought I would need.

Once again thanks for the reply.

Regards Joe.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…