Printing from an iPad. How do you do it?

Migwell 12:11 PM 29 Jan 12

A relation was given an iPad for Christmas and wants to know how to print from it any ideas please

northumbria61 12:35 PM 29 Jan 12

Don't know a great deal about the iPad but take a look here for starters - enter link description here

northumbria61 12:38 PM 29 Jan 12

More here enter link description here although it appears you need an AirPrint enabled printer

northumbria61 12:41 PM 29 Jan 12

You could also choose from this list - some videos on You Tube at bottom of page MAY help enter link description here

northumbria61 12:59 PM 29 Jan 12

There is also a program called PRINTOPIA - scroll down to find post from paulhinz and a link to it. enter link description here

I am sorry I can't advise any further on how to print from your iPad as I don't own one - maybe someone who does will follow up with some information for you - in the meantime I hope that my links help you.

Woolwell 13:06 PM 29 Jan 12

It depends on the printer. You cannot print to most older printers. However many modern printers permit printing wirelessly by downloading an app or by sending an email to the printer. I couldn't print from iPad until I got a new printer.

Woolwell 13:07 PM 29 Jan 12

The app is specific to the brand of printer. I have an Epson.

KRONOS the First 13:22 PM 29 Jan 12

PRINTOPIA That is for MAC.

Woolwell 14:12 PM 29 Jan 12

You need to see if the printer supports iPrint.

Input Overload 14:41 PM 29 Jan 12

If you don't have a wireless printer you can email the image or whatever as an attachment to yourself & print it via your wired printer. Most new printers have wireless capability so it wont be an issue forever.

Woolwell 16:40 PM 29 Jan 12

It's not purely wireless capability on a printer but it does have to have iprint or eprint.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…