PRINT MACRO

sebina12 14:38 29 May 07

Would anyone know how to create macro to pick up specific figures and references from a long excel spreadsheet and when you print, these specific figures and references would print out loads of invoices with the figures and references on them? Is there a way to do it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Technotiger 15:03 29 May 07

Hi, sorry I can't help you myself, but when VoG™ sees this thread I am sure he will come to your assistance.

VoG II 15:12 29 May 07

Well it could be done but we would need a lot more detail to be able to help.

VoG II 20:10 29 May 07

OK well I presume that your "long excel spreadsheet" (let's call it 'master') has many rows, each containing information to be entered on an invoice.

I'm also assuming that you have a template for the invoice.

What I need to know is what is in each column of the Master sheet and where (cell address) it has to be entered on the invoice.

The macro would

- loop through each row on the master sheet
- for each row create a copy of the invoice template
- populate the copy of the template with the information
- print the copy of the template then delete it (or not, depending on whether you need to save it)

but I can't do anything without knowing what is where and where it is supposed to go.

sebina12 13:06 30 May 07

Thank you for your replies Vog. Unfortunately as this is my friends spreadsheet, I don't have it and he is reluctant to impart the information on his spreadsheet which I know doesn't really help. All I know is that he wants to know if it can be done and to be pointed in the right direction. Thank you very much for your help with this. I'll pass this info on to him and see what he wants to do. Thank you again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009