Picture problems on new machine.

The Dazza 14:23 02 May 07

Hello, I've just changed my tower unit and now the screen displays with distortion (like red and green dots spaced all over the screen). I have installed the drivers that came with the monitor HP vs19x but still have same problem.The PC has win xp on it. How can I get a proper picture? Thanks.

MAJ 16:22 02 May 07

Make sure none of the pins in the cable connection to the tower, and/or to the monitor, are bent.

The Dazza 16:39 02 May 07

all the pins are fine. If you drag a window around the screen it leaves a trail too.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:43 02 May 07

What display adaptor (graphics card)?

Have you got the screen resolution and refresh rates set correctly?

The Dazza 11:33 03 May 07

Radeon 7000 series

The Dazza 15:17 04 May 07

and spent hours. I've installed windows installer 3.1 and downloaded the latest drivers for the Radeon 7000 series video card (ATI 1.2). I have changed the resolution and this has helped but I'm still getting little lines and dots on the screen. 1024 x 768 pixels (highest 32 bit is best setting), 96 DPI, monitor is HP vs 19x and the screen refresh rate is best at 60HZ. Other than that the picture is fine! Surely someone knows a fix? Please help!

Diversion 16:07 04 May 07

You may have to adjust the actual monitor settings through the menu on the monitor itself, on my monitor it has 35 adjustment features to play around with.

The Dazza 21:37 04 May 07

already tried that - to no avail. It was really bad until I changed the pixel and colour options. Still have dots though and when I drag a window around it leaves a doty trial :-(

woodchip 21:44 04 May 07

It sounds Like a Resolution Problem,Try different ones

rdave13 21:46 04 May 07

Try uninstalling the drivers for the monitor. Reboot and let xp run "plug and play".

The Dazza 21:59 04 May 07

woodchip - tried everything available. Although some settings make it worse than others (the dots and trails)

Rdave13 - already tried that.
When I rebooted and let XP run plug and play the picture was 10 times worse, reinstalled the latest drivers and it was a lot better, still dots and trails though.

Help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…