pen/flash drive working with macs

kiz 07:23 25 Jan 06

I am on holiday on a friend's Mac computer OSX10.2 and cannot get my pen drive to work properly. (I have XP at home with no problems with it) I can read from it and add stuff onto it but when I try and delete stuff, it is still showing up as memory used/not available. I have used up all the memory now. Do I need any software to make it work and where do I find it? My friend is no help as she knows very little. I am desparate now as all my photos were put on the hard drive and she has announced that her CD burner is broken so I cannot get them off to take home with me!! All suggestions appreciated.

Diemmess 09:41 25 Jan 06

When I have transferred files from my Win 2000 to either an OS9 or 10 Mac there are always all sorts of things the Mac puts on there, but are removable when I get home. (you can see I don't understand the Mac way of doing things!)

There should be some way of using the Mac and losing what you don't want in that bin.

The posh way out would be to be generous and buy another Pen Drive!

Diemmess 13:53 25 Jan 06

Many pen drives have a tiny switch which write-protects their contents.

If in the heat of the moment you have moved this switch, the effect will be that you can read the files but not edit or delete them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…