PCA & iPad

bremner 07 Feb 12

For a week or so moving between forums on this site using my iPad results in another PCA screen, advertising a magazine with PCA 200 Top Tips for 2012, appearing for a half a second before the actual Forum page opens.

Using IE, FF, Safari or Chrome on any of my other computers (including Macs) is fine

Am I alone and if not then PCA are you aware.

bremner 07 Feb 12

I have realised that what momentarily appears is the ad for PCA iPad edition ironically.

KRONOS the First 07 Feb 12

As my Computer reading needs have changed to more of a component/modding orientated magazine it's been a while since I have read PCAdvisor. Like you I caught the ad and as it is free I have downloaded it.

The real annoyance about visiting the PCA site on the iPad is the nuisance of the ads which means it is slow to fully load compared to nearly every other site I visit.

bremner 07 Feb 12

Chronus

Are you getting the specific problem I highlighted?

Woolwell 07 Feb 12

bremner - I get a very brief white rectangle when moving between forums on the iPad. This could be the ad.

I frequently get a very old page when I use go back.

Woolwell 07 Feb 12

The PCA iPad edition is free for the first issue only.

I get the digital version of PCA through Zinio and have the PCA Daily app but since I visit the main site daily this app is fairly useless for me.

bremner 07 Feb 12

Woolwell

The white rectangle is in the centre and black down the sides, it is the ad.

Woolwell 07 Feb 12

I don't get it on all forums.

bremner 08 Feb 12

Any chance someone from PCA could have a look at this problem please.

Forum Editor 08 Feb 12

Any chance someone from PCA could have a look at this problem please.

Give me an hour or so, and I'll take a look using my iPad.

bremner 08 Feb 12

Thanks

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message