PC vs Mac

scoops 15:33 04 Jan 05

As a Mac user at work and a PC user at home, I must admit I never has any problems with the Mac, and have a number with my PC, just look at all the difficulties us PC user post in this forum. G5 anyone??

Maverick81 15:43 04 Jan 05

I also use Mac's and PC's but for me the PC wins hands down.

A few problems everynow now and again is a small price to pay for such a versatile system.

With pc's we get alot of power for our money, you have to consider that those lovely dual G5 still get out performed by single CPU pc's.

The Mac's are still very limited software wise (most of the old guard of mac software is available on PC's now anyway)

Although it has to be said the new Mac OS is very good. Its each to their own I guess but its the PC for me :o)

JIM 16:12 04 Jan 05

If you were around before win95, 98,poss 98se and ME, you may have been right with the "mac".

Be-sides all the arguments for and against etc. Can you honestly say, you would treat/use a MAC the same way in the HOME as you would do at the "WORK Place"? :)

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:19 04 Jan 05

Mac's world-wide market share is less than 2.7%...this should tell you all you need to know (click here for any mac acolytes). If they were 'better' their share would be much higher. Even Linux has a higher market share (3.1%).

If I were Steve Jobs I would be a tad embarrassed, people are beginning to realise that the days of over-priced goods (*cough* IPlod *cough*) are numbered especially when equal or beter items are muuuuuch cheaper *cough* IPlod.

G

Totally-braindead 17:25 04 Jan 05

Used a Mac only the once and found it pleasant enough to use but I'll stick to my PC, the decider in my case is software, I play a lot of games and the games for the Mac are few and far between. Also the hardware is expensive in comparison to the PC.

€dstowe 18:50 04 Jan 05

Mac computers are said to be the system of choice for artists and graphic designers.

Well, my graphics business employs twelve artists. Only two of us use a Mac. From my own point of view, I can't get on with them at all and to my mind they are style over substance.

They do look good to casual observers so we keep the Macs near to the reception area so that they create an impression when noticed by visitors. Most of the real work, though, is done by the fifteen PCs a little further in the studio.

scoops 23:36 11 Jan 05

Apple may have a small market share, but so does Aston Martin. Would you tell me that a Ford is a better car than an Aston, just becuase Ford has the bigger market share!

Apple are more expensive, no two ways about it, but you have to consider that I never use any anti-virus, or firewall software a big plus.

bamfiesler 23:50 11 Jan 05

Guys....... this is a PC forum, not MAC. Let's not get drawn into this old non-debate!

Forum Editor 23:58 11 Jan 05

that we're going to debate yet again - we've done it so many times before, and it's always inconclusive.

Many people use and like Macs - I'm one of them. I also use and like PCs. The fact that a product has a small market share isn't an indication that it's no good, and that's certainly not the case with Macs. Let's agree there are differing views and leave it at that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…