pc and mac online

totalyuseless 03:40 25 Mar 07

Anyone got any ideas as to why our dell pc has stopped working since I got the Mac to work on the wifi system.

I spent hours with Orange getting the pc windows laptop to work and then a few more hours to get the Macbook to work but when I went back to the laptop it no longer would go online.

Hope someone has some ideas, I dont think I can stand another 4 hours in the company of some voice on the end of the phone line.

Forum Editor 09:59 25 Mar 07

and it's worth renewing the laptop address. In case you haven't done this before, here's how:-

1. Click the Start button.

2. Click 'Run' and type: cmd in the text entry field and click OK

3. When the command prompt window appears type: ipconfig /release (note there's a space between 'release' and the \)

4. Press the enter key.

5. Now type: ipconfig /renew (watch that space again)

Most computers that are on a DHCP network (and your is) will automatically restablish a network connection when you do this, and with luck your problem will be solved. It's worth trying, anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…