PC + Mac Network

Amalric I 16:59 12 Feb 07

I now have 3 PCs and 2 Macs on on my AirPort Extreme LAN, all sharing my broadband connection, but I do not know how to share files between the Macs and PCs. Is this possible under OSX 10.4? Is it still necessary to buy a piece of software. If so which is best. Any experience with this out there>

brundle 17:04 12 Feb 07

Try Hamachi click here
Install on each machine, log on to one network set up in Hamachi itself.

Amalric I 15:59 13 Feb 07

The MACs situation seem to be more complicated, especially as I am a newcomer to MACs, as opposed to PCs with Windows since the first version.

Amalric I 14:09 24 Feb 07

My main PC has been getting slower and harder to boot and shut down and Hamachi seems to be adding to the problem. also as the main objective was to be able to handle the Macs and PCs on the same network and Hamachi did not offer a simple way to to this I have uninstalled Hamachi and will look for another solution.

Has anybody succeeded in having Macs and PCs on the same metwork?

powerless 14:18 24 Feb 07

Umm...yes.

On yer Mac, open the Finder.

Click: Network [right side, top]...and wait.

You should see the names of the other computers appear [they might not appear straight away so just give it a min.]

This is the easiest way, and so if it does not work post back. If you have firewalls on your Windows Pcs turn them off when you try the above as it will only complicate things.

powerless 14:20 24 Feb 07

Click: Network [LEFT side, top]...and wait.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…