PC and Mac ADSL Wireless

Schanuts 15:58 16 Nov 03

Lots of interesting reading on this site. But the more I read the more uncertain I get.
I'm having an ADSL wire free line at home. Home is the Isle of Man so its not a BT line. I have a Mac G4 and also a Sony Vaio laptop PCG-F709. Could someone please tell me in simple terms what I need to get. I have splitters. I would like to go wireless at least on one machine the G4 as I know this is enabled as it works this way all day. I don't mind if I have to use the other wired. What can I get that will work with both. The Mac is OSX and the PC Wind 98SE.
Do I need a modem and a router or just the one.
Please suggest me a make and model. Hopeful.

recap 16:18 16 Nov 03

click here or
click here they may be of some help?

Schanuts 16:50 16 Nov 03

Thanks recap. But I don't need to network just to make sure I can get one or the other wireless hopefully both, but using just one something the question is what?

recap 11:21 17 Nov 03

Two ways of doing this Schanuts. One is with just a crossover cable (the cheapest option). The second is as you have suggested and that is via a router. As to which router to buy there are so many. click here for some links to router prices.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…