PaintShop Pro alternative for the mac?

Brumas 22:22 12 Jun 08

I don’t know whether to post this in the Helproom or what, so I shall post it here where I feel more at home :o)
When I ran my windows pc I used to use PaintShop Pro 7 (I didn’t need all the bells and whistles of the later versions) to scan my postcards for inclusion in my weekly Identification/Longshots. Once scanned I was able to resize it necessary and then, compress it down using the JPEG compression facility, again if required.
I did it so many times I could do it blindfold however, now I just use the Epson Scan and, by fiddling about with the settings, I get the same sort of result. What I would like to know is , is there a standalone JPEG Image compression program anyone can recommend – preferably freebie as I have just spent buckets of brass on the new mac and printer etc.
Pity they don’t do PaintShop Pro for the mac :o(

MAT ALAN 22:32 12 Jun 08

click here

list of the most popular ones here....

Brumas 22:43 12 Jun 08

Thanks, now why didn't I think of doing that?

Brumas 23:12 12 Jun 08

Just re-read what I wrote and realised I should have said that I know of Photoshop Elements but have been told it doesn't have a JPEG compression facility.

Brumas 12:36 13 Jun 08

^

zdbrink 11:51 14 Jun 08

doesn't your mac already come with iphoto? it should - it's pretty fancy and does what you are asking for

cycoze 12:56 14 Jun 08

Photoshop Elements has "Save for web" which is a compression facility, very good too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple