Opening MAC emails in Outlook Express

rosko999 15:10 28 Feb 05

I have a disabled friend who needs to receive and view emails using Outlook Express which have beem sent to him from a MAC user. He has been told that he needs something called an 'under (or over) writer' to achieve this.

I have no MAC experience and I can't find any reference to what he needs.

Can somebody enlighten me to what my friend needs?

Yoda Knight 15:18 28 Feb 05

Its possibly an attachment that he is trying to open that needs a certain application to view it. If so, what is the extension on the file ?

rosko999 15:48 28 Feb 05

Yoda Knight,
Thanks for your swift response.
My friend hasn't received anything yet, he's just been told that he needs 'something' to view emails sent to him from his publisher (who uses a MAC.

Are you saying that a standard text email from a MAC user can be read on a PC running OE? It's just that I don't know whether this is fact.

If it's only the type of the 'attachment' that he has to know then I can work out what he needs.

Sorry to sound vague.

TomJerry 15:59 28 Feb 05

mac, win, dos, linux, sun, palm, etc, all will be able to real txt email

only problem he may have is any attachment the publisher send. If the publisher use microsoft word (mac version of course), there will be no problem.

Not sure if this answers the question but I use Outlook Express 6 on windows XP and I receive e-mails from my friend who has an @mac e-mail address. I can check if she has a Mac computer (think that she probably would have) & let you know. I have had no probs with receiving e-mails except that Norton occasionally chucks them into the Spam folder!!

rosko999 16:43 28 Feb 05

Thanks everybody, you have answered my question.
Obviously my friend needs to find out exactly what the 'attachment' will be.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…