Old Apple monitor --> New PC?

Here's a good one. Have an old Apple monitor which takes a cable with RGB (BNC connectors).

I have the cable for the monitor, but at the PC end the 'D' type doesn't fit a new PC.

There are 2 rows of (7+8) pins on the cable but NEW PC's tend to have 3 rows - if you see what I mean.

So, am I barking up the wrong tree here in hoping I can get the old monitor to work?
Or, can I save myself a couple of hundred notes and get an adapter / new cable from somewhere.

Thanks! in anticipation...

JG

JerryJay 12:06 23 Feb 04

I do not know if this will work or not, just for info click here

slimbo51 12:07 23 Feb 04

Ran an old monitor with BNC inputs for ages with a cable I bought from Maplins.

Still got it here and just looking at it.

5 BNC Conectors:
1-red,1-green,1-blue, 1-vertical sync, 1-horz sync.

Other end standard 3 row "D" plug for graphics plug.

Cost about £20.00 if I remember correctly.

They used to make 2 versions, one has 4 lines where horz and vert sync are combined and my version which has seperate sync's.

slimbo51 12:22 23 Feb 04

Just had a look on Maplins, they don't do these cables any more.

I'm sure someone, somewhere will though.

Guys thanks a lot for your time and effort..

Shame Maplin don't do them any more, their quite nifty for stuff like that normally.

Interestingly, the old lead I have only has R, G and B (no sync). Some say it might be composite in the Green - so that may make another technical difficulty.

Perhaps a monitor manufacturer an help me?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…