NTL + new machine with XP +log on

WallyD 18:23 11 Jan 03
  WallyD 18:23 11 Jan 03

I'm trying to help someone by phone to connect to NTL.She is using new machine with win Xp of which I know nothing.Not getting results with her NTL disc(don't know why) I suggested she connects as I did when swopping machine by using Dial-Up Internet like her I just enter the details for NTL as on my old machine.However going to control panel she tells me she has fewer icon than my Win ME and she can't find Dial-Up Internet.
This stumped me and I now ask for someones advice
Many Thanks

VoG™ 18:28 11 Jan 03

It should be in Control Panel, Network Connections

worf 18:48 11 Jan 03

If its an new XP machine she probably needs to change all the menus back to classic view.
If she right clicks the toolbar at the bottom of her screen and selects properties, then select start menu, then select classic start menu. Now go into start/settings/control panel and on the left is a Control Panel drop down menu. On that menu it has the option to "Switch to Classic View". If she selects that she will then get all the icons displayed rather than the reduced control panel view when in the "XP Category View".
Once she has the classic view, as VoG states, it will be under "Network Connections".
When MS brought out XP they defaulted it to "Category View" which if you are used to the old style "Classic View" can be a pain trying to navigate.

WallyD 18:56 11 Jan 03

Thank you very much
Service as usual

worf 13:11 24 Jan 03

Excellent WallyD
Could I please ask you to check the resolved tab

WallyD 14:26 24 Jan 03

Yup
I forgot to tick the box
My apologies

WallyD 14:26 24 Jan 03

Yup
I forgot to tick the box
My apologies

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…