Non receipt of emails on Mac

Yimbo 20:22 28 Apr 08

My wife has not been receiving any emails for some time, and we've just discovered that the senders have had theirs returned with the message: "Mail box full" It turns out that this mail box is the one kept by her ISP, Supanet. It contained 437 emails, all of which she had previously read, dealt with and deleted from her Mac. Having accessed this mail box and deleted its contents, her emails are getting through again. But does anyone know why the ISP is retaining these, and ultimately clogging up her system?

Diodorus Siculus 20:26 28 Apr 08

More likely there is a setting on the Mac email program that will allow the emails to be left on the server after being downloaded.

What program is being used to get the emails?

Yimbo 19:59 01 May 08

Thanks for your advice -I'll have a look for a likely setting on the Mac. The program is just the normal Mac one that came with the computer - MacMail, I think!

Diodorus Siculus 20:08 01 May 08

Mac Mail - Leaving a Copy of Messages on the Server (POP3 Only)

1. Select Mail / Preferences.
2. Click the Accounts button, located at the top of the window
3. Click once on your account, as it appears in the Accounts list.
4. Click the Advanced tab.
5. To avoid exceeding your email account’s storage limits, be sure that the Remove copy from the server after retrieving a message box is checked.
6. Close the Accounts window.
7. When prompted to save your changes, click the Save button.

Yimbo 10:17 02 May 08

Thank you for your time and effort! Your instructions have done the trick! I appreciate your help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced