New Vista to connect to Wireless Apple Extreme

Amalric I 16:43 25 Aug 07

This would let me to use Firefox and send and receive to Google mail.

The Linksys Wireless-G USB Network Adapter will let me connect from a Win XP but Vista won't work with that. What can I get that will let me connect with a USB port to the machine using Vista?

Kate B 17:14 25 Aug 07

Your problem is Vista: Apple hasn't yet bestirred itself to port the Airport Setup Assistant to Vista, as I discovered when I bought an Airport Express to stream music. So you can't configure the base station.

What I don't know but what is worth trying is seeing if you can access its setup page via your web browser by typing in its IP address, which seems to be 10.0.1.1.

Fortunately I also have a Macbook and was able to set up my Airport Express using that. If you can borrow a Mac - laptop or even an iMac - to set it up, that I think is the only way you'll be able to do it. Otherwise I suggest taking the Airport Extreme back to the shop and buying something that works with Vista. You might also consider an email to Apple asking it to get its act together and sort out the software.

Kate B 17:15 25 Aug 07

Oh, and the Airport Extreme isn't an ADSL or cable modem, it's just a router - you'll still need the appropriate modem, so you'd be much better off with something like the Netgear DG834G.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…