networking for apple macs...different?

Superstylin 07:42 13 Sep 07

Hi, my friend currently has internet provided by sky with a netgear wireless router. he has a macbook. he can get the internet if he cables up via ethernet but says he can't via wireless and that he needs a hub?? i've got no experience with apple macs but i can't see why he needs a hub? further to this i tried connecting to his network with my laptop (windows) and also couldn't get connection. i haven't been able to try cabled yet. i'm starting to think though that there's just something wrong in his router settings. any ideas? thanks in advance

Superstylin 14:04 13 Sep 07

bump

irishrapter 15:09 13 Sep 07

The netgear should work fine with the MacBook provided that it has built in wireless, what make is the netgear?

Is the netgear wireless service switched on?
Can you see the netgear router when you scan of wireless networks?

Superstylin 21:49 13 Sep 07

i think the netgear is the dg834. it's the standard one that sky gives out. i've just discovered i can connect wirelessly to it and receive internet so it definitely has connection

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…