Need to transfer mac formatted files on to a PC

old china 15:20 08 May 06

Sorry, I had mistakeninly posted on the Networking forum. Please see

click here

Thanks.

Diodorus Siculus 15:56 08 May 06

I have some photographs saved on a DVD which I need to edit. I have been told that they are in either .tif or .jpg format. I can't open the DVD on any PC (running XP), but it opens perfectly on a Mac. The DVD has Apple Mac OS X written on it.

I know that it is not Mac forum, but I do hope that someone out there can help me. Is there some way I can transfer the photographs from this DVD to my PC so that I can edit them? Suggestions will be much appreciated.

There are a couple of ways -

1 - do you have a USB stick?

If so, copy them onto it.

2 - do you have CD writing facilities on the Mac? If so, burn a new disk and in the settings check the format so that it will burn compatible with XP.

old china 16:42 08 May 06

Thanks.

1. I don't have a Mac, I have a PC (XP pro) and usb stick. But if I can't open the DVD on my PC, how can I copy thme to the usb? (Sorry for sounding stupid.)

2. It looks like I need to find someone with a Mac with CD writing facilities. Is the XP-compatibility a fairly standard option, or does it depend on the Mac O/S version or the CD-writing software? (I don't know anything about Macs.)

Diodorus Siculus 16:48 08 May 06

OK; sorry about that. I thought you had a MAC.

There is some compatibility software out there that will allow Mac disks to be read by PCs.

Hopefully someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

Smiler 19:29 08 May 06

anything here click here

old china 21:40 08 May 06

Thanks, Smiler

The Gemulator Explorer looks hopeful. We'll try it out and see.

dms05 11:11 09 May 06

Do you have, or know anyone with a DVD Recorder with HDD? I can copy my XP CD/DVD's with MP3 and JPEG files to my DVD's HDD and then copy back. As the DVD+HDD reads a CD/DVD it isn't fussy about the originating OS - it just looks for jpeg, MP3 etc files.

old china 19:54 09 May 06

Thanks for the idea. I don't have a DVD Recorder with HDD and can't think of someone who has at the moment. Are you saying that DVD+HDD (some or all makes?) can read a DVD (whether PC or Mac-formatted) and when copy back, it will be PC-compatible? Sorry for sounding so ignorant:)

old china 19:58 09 May 06

I am downloading the Gemulator Explorer and shall try see if it works.

AndySD 08:35 10 May 06

Have a look at MacDisc click here there is i trial version that only allows you to copy one file at a time with a 1mb limit.

old china 23:16 10 May 06

Thanks, but copy one file at a time with 1mb limit is not going to work with my dvd though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…