Need a Laptop holder/cooler with 'apple' keyboard?

buel 10:59 14 Nov 10

Hi,
I have nearly gone mad from looking at the vastly different laptop holders that are available. Basically my gf gets a bad back from looking 'down' at her laptop but unfortunately her laptop has a nasty habit of heating up, thus making the fan come on constantly (i am led to believe this is a problem with a lot of HP Pavilion dv4-1000ea laptops). From experience i know that a laptop holder with a built-in fan solves this problem so what i am after is a laptop holder that holds the laptop screen at face height-ish, has a fan built-in and, ideally, i want a seperate keyboard that will plug in to the laptop holder's usb port.
Im not sure whether i should buy the keyboard seperately as what i would like is a keyboard with what i call 'Apple' keys, what i mean by that is flat-based keys as opposed to the bulky ones on the cheaper end of keyboards.
Please can anyone give me any recommendations on what products i can buy? Has anyone had any positive experiences with any decent laptop cooler/holders?

northumbria61 13:26 14 Nov 10

Take a look here click here
Plenty of choice depending on your budget.

northumbria61 13:33 14 Nov 10

There is a Logitech keyboard here at Amazon which won't break the Bank - has flatter, full-size keys, including number pad, in a compact keyboard
click here

OR have a look in this list and read the reviews click here

Online distributors like E-Buyer, Novatech, Misco, Micro Direct will probably supply similar and then you can compare prices. Should give you "hours of fun" looking !

buel 18:04 14 Nov 10

Hey they look great, thank you for that!
Can i ask- are Apple keyboards click here and click here any different in layout terms to a 'normal' keyboard layout please?

northumbria61 22:40 14 Nov 10

I have never used an "Apple" keyboard but I believe there are minor differences although they are compatible using with a Windows PC. See here click here

I have seen them connected to an iMAC and they are very nice and FLAT !

northumbria61 22:47 14 Nov 10

See also the review from Apple Keyboard (Electronics) which is the 1st one on your 2nd link.

buel 22:54 17 Nov 10

Thanks for that, i have made a purchase....and have gone for the 'standard' keyboard!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…