my MAC public

iqs 08:12 08 Jun 14

Hi, I posted my routers MAC address on another forum. With this info,can someone access my network or my internet account/service Im really worried about this Thanks

Secret-Squirrel 08:59 08 Jun 14

It's not possible to access a network device over the Internet by using its MAC address so you've got nothing to worry about :)

If on the other hand you'd divulged your router's public IP address then that would be a different story - but you didn't so you're still secure.

iqs 09:22 08 Jun 14

Thank you

I was getting worried someone could spoof my router/connection. The images I posted.I blacked out my IP address,thank god lol

Thanks

spuds 10:49 08 Jun 14

Perhaps off subject, but I wonder how many people check their internet connection for possible 'outsiders'.

Recently I did such a check and found 'a few additions' of other peoples connection details showing. Thankfully we all appeared to have 'safe and secure' systems in operation.

iqs 11:50 08 Jun 14

Im very conscience of security of my internet connection.I do check the router logs and the MAC address etc

Its just a worry that someone could hack my router & PC to gain data or use my connection .

Secret-Squirrel 12:59 08 Jun 14

"I was getting worried someone could spoof my router/connection."

It's possible to clone another router with your MAC address but it would be a pointless exercise and wouldn't compromise your security or privacy in any way.

iqs 14:53 08 Jun 14

Thanks ,feeling a little less worried :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced