MSN Messenger V7 for Mac

lpl56407 11:44 29 Aug 05

I am trying to setup a video conversation via MSN Messenger with a MAC User.
My PC has Messenger V7 but the MAC user has V5 which does not support video conversation.
We cannot find anywhere to download v7 for Mac.
Anyone help please?

powerless 12:01 29 Aug 05

V7 is not available for the Mac. Only V5 which was released a few weeks ago. In terms of Windows features the Mac version is behind.

ken123zzz 12:10 29 Aug 05

In that case does anyone know if it Is possible to use "i chat" to have a video chat with someone using messenger version 7?

ken123zzz 12:10 29 Aug 05

In that case does anyone know if it Is possible to use "i chat" to have a video chat with someone using messenger version 7?

powerless 12:22 29 Aug 05

I don't think that's possible because the two services won't connect.

But iChat can connect to AIM [AOL's service] of which there is AIM available for Windows users and supports video. click here

I don't know for certain if it will work, but you can try.

ken123zzz 12:45 29 Aug 05

thanks for your help, will give it a try
ken

lpl56407 02:56 01 Sep 05

We have connected PC to MAC via AIM successfully and CHAT works OK. Video not yet working. A Webcam is connected to the PC but I have been told that this should be a FIREWIRE webcam.
Would you please explain what a Firewire webcam is and whether I do need one to the PC.
tia

lpl56407 15:30 01 Sep 05

Thanks for pointing us to AIM. After a bit of fun it is all working OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…