MS Word asks if I want to Enable Macro's everytime

Giggle n' Bits 11:20 22 Apr 04

running XP with MS Works Suite 04 when using word a box keeps comming up asking if I want to Enable Macro's in Word, please see online support etc.
Ok, seen it but don't understand what I am suppose to do with it. Can someone please tell me how to stop this anyoying propmt.

Another anoying thing is messenger keeps saying theres an update and would I like to download it, erh dont use it so I don't need it and the messenger component has been removed in Add/remove windows componets. Anyone know how to stop this please.

Simsy 11:44 22 Apr 04

You should only see this message if it is trying to open a file that contains 1 or more macros...

If it is doing it when you just open Word, to start a new document, then it means there is/are macros in the "normal" template.

If this is the case, then, if you dont want these macros, the best option is probably to find and rename "normal.dot" to "normal.old" (this will enable you to get it back if it transpires that you did want the macros it contains.)

Restarting Word will recreate a new "normal" template.

Does this help?

regards,

Simsy

Giggle n' Bits 12:30 22 Apr 04

I forgot about the dot template and didn't think that would have been effective, you leanr something everyday eh!

Cheers.

Messenger help please anyone.

Taff36 12:37 22 Apr 04

If you type "messenger" without the speech marks into search you will come up with 80+ threads on the subject. You dont say whether its MSN messenger oe messanger service in XP so try this thread first - read it through and then pick one of the links to solve the problem. Smegs offers two good ones.

click here

Simsy 14:42 22 Apr 04

from your response that it was successful?

Regards,

Simsy

Giggle n' Bits 21:40 22 Apr 04

not getting any email to say I have a reply to my forum posting.
I will try this though tomorrow.
Thanks everyone I will close but post a result if sucesssful or start new post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…