Moving Outlook Express to a new machine

Al-Cat 11:58 16 Nov 03

This is probably a simple process but the solution it has eluded me for a few days now. The situation is that I have now created a new machine solely for Internet use. It is running Win 2000 Pro. I have installed Outlook Expess 6.0 onto which I have successfullu migrated all my Internet settings and address book. However my old Outlook folders (Inbox, Deleted, Archived etc) all *.dbx files I have not been able to import. I have copied them onto a CD and tried to Import them using Outlook but they are not seen as Message files in the message import dialogue. Failing that all the messages are 'encoded' within the dbx files, how can I read the data as messages?

Any help will be appreciated the only way that I have found to retrieve them is to individually save each one when open with 'Save as' a very lengthy and tedious process.

Thanks

mrdsgs 12:06 16 Nov 03

you need to "import from store directory"

the process is logical if you start from "import...messages" in Outlook eExpress on the new machine.

i can walk you through it stage by stage if necessary.

post back if needed.

mrdsgs 12:10 16 Nov 03

having read you thread again

it may be simpler, if you are using outlook on the old machine and outlook express on the new amchine to first import your old outllook messages to outlook on the new machine, and then import to outlook express on the new amchine from outlook on the new machine

mrdsgs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…