Moving To Apple IMac

onokeck 23:05 06 Jan 11

I am considering moving to Mac. I have selected my machine and am ready to order, but a couple of things I am concerned about: 1) Will I still be able to use/view my large collection of photos which are on a flash pen (jpegs)? 2)What about email from those who are not on Mac - will I be able to receive? (I will be on BT.com)I do realize that most of my software for windiws will not work,but I can live with that. I know it is a big transition after 35 years with windows, but I really want to make the change. Your advice/comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

HondaMan 23:10 06 Jan 11

Sofar as I know, yes and Yes.

You will be able to run Windows software via an emulator. Check the Mac website for details

john 52 08:13 07 Jan 11

Yes you can transfer your photos over to your mac ! I myself just burned them on to disc then transferred them over that way but I am sure you can do it other ways !

Email just comes through as in outlook ! you can set up a google mail account as well just the same .

As someone who has just changed from windows to a mac the set up is very easy to do with everything pretty intuitive !there is a program to run windows within your mac but I cannot see the point of buying a mac and running windows on it .

Apple do one to one which if you live near an apple website is useful for about £80 which gives you a years personal training on the system if you go to the apple store and type in one to one you will see what it does

john 52 08:16 07 Jan 11

That should have been if you live near a Apple store

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now