Monitors lose video on 2008 3.1

Gothboy 14:04 15 Mar 17

Have a dual Samsung Syncmaster flat screen monitor setup on a recently purchased 2008 3.1.(Same monitors worked fine with my old 2006 1.1) Everything boots fine but after 20 minutes the video goes black. I have to shut the machine down then boot again to get video back. Monitors stay powered on throughout. NOT a sleep issue I don't think as I'm actually working on something when it happens. I tested both monitors on their own and on other computers they work fine and don't lose video. Just got this computer I'm suspecting the Graphics card? Specs of machine in signature ATi Radeon HD2600 XT 256 Graphics Apple Mac Pro 2x2.8 GHz. 3.1 Intel Xeon Quad-Core 20GB 667Mhz DDR2 FB DIMM RAM, 5 SATA HDs internal ATi Radeon HD2600 XT256MB Graphics/2 Allegro USB PCIe cards Mountain Lion/El Capitan

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

What’s happening in VR right now: From psychedelic art to combat therapy

Siri not working? Try these troubleshooting fixes