//some 3rd party need geo

Mac's and PC'S

Bleep 17:25 18 Jan 05

After almost falling in-love with the Apple Mini Mac, Could anyone tell me what would I be losing out on or gaining if I took the jump over to a Mac?

I'd still use my gaming PC, but in terms of uni work, web surfing and general use is it just a nice looking box or is there any hidden down falls to this possible transition?

Diodorus Siculus 18:43 18 Jan 05

Apart from having to buy new software and there being some difficulties with hardware upgrades, the machine will be fine for what you specify.

Vague Boy 20:25 18 Jan 05

If you're keeping your PC for gaming use then the Mini Mac should be fine for your needs. As Diodorus says, upgrading can be a problem due to the compact nature of the design. Probably the best upgrade you could get would be more RAM when you order it.

bfoc 21:18 18 Jan 05

As a student you might find that Mac software is available at a major discount - and of course the Mac Mini comes with software anyway!

It is certainly a tempting option with the faster chip, 80 Gig model probably the best value - with extra RAM if you can afford it.

Jackcoms 21:27 18 Jan 05

I'm still wondering about the title to your question. Mac's what? PC's what?

Why the unnecessary apostrophes?

Bleep 22:27 18 Jan 05

Wow thanks for your imput!, maybe I should ask my Englsigh teavher !!

Kate B 01:19 19 Jan 05

hey, we're a computer forum, not a grammar forum ...

Johnnie_M 01:57 19 Jan 05

Yeah nice constructive input there Jackcoms. I admit if I'm gonna look for any technical support should I refer to my good old dictionary?? To answer Bleep though, I have both PC and iBook (thanks to some help on this forum enticing me to buy one) I admit the mac is perfect for uni work, web surfing and general tasks. Obviously the machine fails in the gaming stakes however, thats why I have a PS2 and XBox. I would recommend a mac no problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…