Macromedia Shockwave

Blessed 02:02 23 Oct 04

I went to gsn to play a game and installed macromedia shockwave and restarted my computer, I signed back on to play the game and a box opened that said It had been downloaded successfully and restart comp. I restarted again, signed on and got the same message again. I went to start-find and typed in macromedia shockwave and it is listed quite a few times. How do I uninstall these and reinstall? What do I need to do to correct this?

Molded 02:48 23 Oct 04

You can download the uninstaller from Macromedia :

click here

Once you have uninstalled you will have to review your security settings for IE.

Open a browser window and go to Tools/Internet Options/Security

Next make sure the security level is set to Internet [The Globe] and further down you will see a button "Custom Level"

Click this and in the window that opens scroll down to :

ActiveX Controls and Plug-ins :

Download signed ActiveX Controls - click "Enable"

Download unsigned ActiveX Controls - click "Disable"

Initialise ActiveX Controls Not Marked As Safe - click - "Disable"

Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins - click "Enable"

Next - below the window you will see a dropdown menu which should be set to "Medium"

Next press the Reset button and you will be asked if you want to change the security settings - click "Yes".

Download a fresh copy of Flash from click here by clicking the "Install Now" button

You should be OK now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…