Macromedia security warnings

Brambley 20:03 18 Aug 04

Help - the increasingly persistent macromedia 'security warnings' are driving me mad - how do I disable them without downloading again (caused some problems last time).Please??

Desperate Brambley

Taran 20:28 18 Aug 04

A bit more detail could be helpful in solving your problem, but I'm guessing that you are referring to the Flash player warnings.

If you are, have you made absolutely 100% certain that you are using the very latest version of the Flash player ?

If you are unsure just use this link click here and follow the prompts to download and install it. It should only take a few moments and, hopefully, that should sort things out.

If another Macromedia product is causing the issues or a security product (firewall etc) then perhaps you could supply that information since without it nobody knows which of the many Macromedia products you are actually having problems with.

Taran 20:33 18 Aug 04

There is an old document on the Macromedia support site that offers a possible solution, but it involves making changes to browser preferences for ActiveX controls (you don't say which browser you are using) and it is meant for an older version of the Flash player. It may help though: click here

Brambley 21:19 18 Aug 04

Thanks Taran - I should have mentioned Flash player - will try a new download as you suggest

B

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…