Macro problem in Word 2000

nedrick 23:00 16 Jan 03
  nedrick 23:00 16 Jan 03

When Word 2000 opens, I get the following message "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros."

I consulted microsoft.com knowledge base and they said to click of Tools/Macro/Security to turn the security down. However, when I do this, I get the same message as above so I am now stuck in a catch 22 situation.

short-circuit 00:25 17 Jan 03

Are you opening a pre-existing document in Word or are you just opening the Word program?

Scott.

Simsy 06:03 17 Jan 03

but in Excel...

It seems that when you make the changes via Tools/Macro/Security they don't take effect until the prog, (in my case Excel, in yours, Word), has bee closed and restarted.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Simsy

nedrick 13:14 17 Jan 03

When I open an existing word document, I get this.

When I open a new document it is OK until I click on Tools/Macros/Security where I am told 'Access Restricted'

short-circuit 22:02 17 Jan 03

I can't make my version of Word mimic the problem you describe. I just wondered if you were working on a networked machine where there might be restrictions imposed on opening macros... because of the risk of macro viruses?

Scott.

VoG™ 22:09 17 Jan 03

1) Question - have you created macros - i.e. is this an "expected" message?

2) Question - have you done a virus scan with updated definitions. You can do an on-line scan click here or click here

3) Do a search for NORMAL.DOT and rename all instances to ABNORMAL.DOT

4) Start Word, Help/Detect and repair

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…