//some 3rd party need geo

Machine_check_exception (0x0000009c) errors

CurlyWhirly 17:00 31 May 04

Hi,
Occasionally my PC crashes with a 'machine_check_exception (0x0000009c)' error on the blue screen of death.
I typed the error into google but all I could find was general information pointing to hardware problems.
I have checked my CPU temperature and it is okay rarely going above 50C and also I have tried the floppy disk version of the MEMTEST utility and I left it running for over an hour with no errors at all.
Does it matter that I have my FSB slightly overclocked as when the PC boots up it automatically sets itself at 171 Mhz and not 166 Mhz (333 DDR) as set in the BIOS?
I can't be bothered to change the system bus EVERY time I boot XP up with 'Easy Tune 4' which is a utility that came with my 'Gigabyte GA-7VAXP motherboard'.
I will just say that my CPU is not overclocked with the multiplier just slightly overclocked due to the slight increase in the fSB which is not of my doing!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

VoG II 17:05 31 May 04

Not sure whether click here will help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…