Machine switches on and off

geekygirl 00:05 19 Jan 03
  geekygirl 00:05 19 Jan 03

I've had my pc 18 months now, and it has a really annoying habit of working fine for a while, and then it shuts down, boots up several times before either crashing completely or hanging.

It is an Evesham model. I know it is definitely a hardware problem but does anyone know which component is likely to cause this? I have had a fan renewed on the motherboard but still have the problem. Thanks

jediknight007 00:12 19 Jan 03

Likely to be the PSU. Only costs about £13 to replace a 300W one for under £20 for a 350W one.

duplo 00:23 19 Jan 03

Unplug all your PSU connections and then plug them in again.. may be a lose connection. More likely its gone though if it crtashes mid boot up...

Good luck...

OBE-1 11:24 19 Jan 03

i will have agree with my friend jediknight007 & duplo it is most proberbly you PSU as my computor did the same think... but i went on the web and got a 550w PSU for £35 if you going to get a new one go for more power it made a big difrence to my computor
have fun

geekygirl 17:56 21 Jan 03

Just to keep you in touch! Evesham have agreed to take the PC to their service centre and examine and, presumably fix it. I'll let you know what caused it, but I am beginning to suspect the hard disk.

geekygirl 17:30 02 Aug 03

The problem was a fault on the HDD. Evesham have now replaced this, and so far so good!!!!!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…