//some 3rd party need geo

Machine Keeps Rebooting.

Robotic_Rob 12:22 04 Feb 05

Hey,
a week a go i bought a new Maxtor 120GB SATA HDD and i installed Windows XP Pro SP2 on it. And these past couple of days my machine keeps rebooting. I have just got hooked up with broadband and as i remember it keeps on rebooting more often.

Is they any way i can find out what is causing this? In the error report it shows 2 files, but i am not sure on whether or not that is the part that has been damaged or that the files are the cause of the problem.

Cheers

Rob

AndySD 12:34 04 Feb 05

Try Start then Control Panel then System then Advanced then Startup and Revovery untick Automaticaly Restart. You should then get a BSOD with an error message. Can you post that for us??

Robotic_Rob 12:44 04 Feb 05

Im afraid i dont get an error message when i do that.

FelixTCat 13:24 04 Feb 05

Which 2 files are reported?

After you fitted the new drive and installed XP on it, what did you do with the old drive/installation? I did a similar thing but kept the old installation and now by changing the boot drive in the BIOS I can boot either version. Can you? If so, does the old version keep rebooting itself?

Do you have the latest SATA drivers for your chipset?

Robotic_Rob 13:31 04 Feb 05

Course i do or the hdd wouldnt work? (im guessing)

The old HDD is still in my machine. That is also XP PRO but that is SP1.

I aint a clue what the files are, but when it happens again il post up what files they are.

Anything i can run to try and detect whats causing the problem?

FelixTCat 13:42 04 Feb 05

The old hdd will work off not the latest drivers. New drivers may improve the functionality of the system. Is your old hdd SATA - you didn't say?

Can you boot to your old system?

ACOLYTE 13:44 04 Feb 05

Just a thought did you need to install the Raid drivers before installing xp? i dont know if you do i dont have a Sata drive.But i do have the connections on the mobo for them.

Robotic_Rob 14:05 04 Feb 05

I have Silicon Image Sil 3114 SATARaid Controller. As far as i know its the latest out. my mobo is Abit - IC7-MAX3,HDD is Diamondmax +9. I dont know how i can find an update in driver.

Robotic_Rob 14:10 04 Feb 05

u do need the driver b4 u can install XP. my machine aint rebooting every time i boot up. It works for a few hours and then it reboots. (PS, im using the hdd now)

Robotic_Rob 14:28 05 Feb 05

Right it comes up saying that the fault is with av7core.sys. Next line down it shows page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. And then

technical information - Stop:0x00000050 (0xe3ce4000,0x00000001,0xf51d1238,0x00000001)

av7core.sys - address f51d1238 base ate5198000, datastamp 41a4a104.

And then i sent the report it created and then it said that it was to do my graphics driver. So for now ive updated the graphics driver. And uninstalled avg. Do you think avg doesnt like my pc? Or do you reckon that it should be fine if i install it again

Robotic_Rob 19:21 07 Feb 05

b b b, b b bbbbuuummmmp!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…