machine frezzes

Spr 14:35 19 Dec 05

Window XP Pro Pen 4 24GHz 1.25 GB Ram
More often than not when I go to use Word 2000 it frezzes and I get the message “Word in not responding” I then have to shut down and re-boot before I can carry on working, but before shutting down I receive the following.

“File Open Message Window” I have to click onto end now before it shut down.
I have deleted Word 2000 & re-installed it but it is just the same.

I have also noticed the machine frezzes more and more when trying to open one file straight after an other. I have to shut down and leave the Machine switched off for a while.

I have ran the usual Virus Checker, Advanced Spyware etc

Pamy 16:11 19 Dec 05

Spr, I see that you have not had any replies. I do not know what the answer to your problem is , but it sounds like a sofware one. Maybe some other prog. than word.
My reply will send your question to the top of the page , perhaps someone else seeing it may help. Good luck.

Pamy

Diemmess 16:57 19 Dec 05

From the desktop
Start > Search - for normal.dot
for safety, simply rename it oldnormal.dot

Then try loading Word.
This might be all you have to do....!

If the problem has gone, then for tidiness search for oldnormal.dot and delete it.

[If there is a problem with the current normal.dot, it can cause all sorts of grief.
Deleting or renaming it, forces Word to make a new default normal.dot
Merely reinstalling word doesn't change it at all which makes me think that is what has happened to you]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…