Machinarium

rdave13 22:33 23 Oct 09

Not a gamer any more but use Gamers Hell site to test download speed from different servers from time to time.
Came across this Flash based demo; click here and I duly played it and got hooked. At the end of the demo levels taken to a site to buy the game for under 14 squids. On a whim I bought it and surprisingly enough the downloads were for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Got quite far on XP (ahem) but I've just formatted and installed W7 so will start again.
It starts as it goes on with simple mouse control, point and click to solve these (lateral thinking) puzzles.
Simply put, it's bloody infuriatingly, annoyingly, mind and soul-destroying, awkward , and a waste of time. Graphics are crap, speed of action is non existent, game play is addictive (to me) and you feel that you must complete it otherwise the machine beats you.
Feel better now that I've had a rant.... :)

crosstrainer 12:18 24 Oct 09

Sounds great (not) Don't you just HATE games like that....You just have to keep going back for more, even though the game itself is poor.

I will steer well clear of your link :))

rdave13 16:23 24 Oct 09

Don't blame you steering clear of the game :))
Should have kept clear myself... Still my six year old son gives me some good pointers when we play. Will post again when we've completed it, sometime in the far future, if still sane lol.

ArrGee 19:13 28 Oct 09

I am in similar hell with World of Goo. But the one that tops the lot is Professor Fizzwizzle!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced