Macbook problems with using contact groups in mail

HelenM1955 15:38 09 Feb 16

Hi, I'm getting really stuck with groups in contacts (using apple native apps). I need to be able to update the groups and then use the revised group to forward emails that I have received, or create new mails. I have edited my group in contacts, but can't get this to refresh into mail, so that when I select the group in mail, I get the old list and can't work out how to change it. If this (apparently simple) tasks isn't possible, can you recommend an app that will do it please. I Know that I cannot use groups on the iPad which is bizarre, but work around that by having a few draft mails with the contacts already in them before I go away without my mac. Not something I would expect to have to do in 2016!

HelenM1955 16:15 09 Feb 16

OK I think that I may have fixed this. For some reason (presumably something I did) there were replica contact groups under "on my mac" which weren't updating and mail was picking up these not the iCloud ones. I have deleted the "on my mac" ones and now the right group seems to be appearing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant