Macbook Pro camera failure outside of warranty

jimithyh 16:32 20 Feb 17

In-built camera has failed/is not recognised by the Mac or external software/websites.

Is there anything I can do?

It failed within 6 months of purchase (about 6 years ago) and because I'm lazy and forgetful (and didn't really need it) I have never gotten it checked out.

Is there anything I can do at home to get it working, or do I need to take it to Apple?

HondaMan 15:42 21 Feb 17

surely the failure was within the warranty period and you were covered. You can hardly expect the manufacturer to help you when you admit that due to your own laziness you did nothing at the time

jimithyh 22:29 21 Feb 17

I am not expecting Apple (or the reseller) to address the issue without me paying for repairs. I was asking if there was anyway to make the Mac recognised the device. It simply states no camera is found/present.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now